Project Management Overview
The Martin Training Project Management curriculum and consulting services offer organizations a way to align their entire portfolio of projects to organizational strategy, improve project leadership skills and ensure innovation is a driving force behind every initiative.
Project Management Workshop Offerings
Our workshops are more than just project management training; they are project management methodology and practices coupled with tools and techniques for leading without authority.
- All our training workshops are aligned to the Project Managmement Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) - Fourth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2008.
- The collaborative project management methodology taught in our Project Management course is based off the popular and top seller – Project Management Memory Jogger – co-authored by the founder of Martin Training Associates.
- Include programs that support new and experienced project leaders, team members and Sponsors.
- Have been offered in all types of organizations across all industries (IT, Government, Health Care, Pharmaceutical, Financial services and Retail).
Project Management Consulting Services
Ensuring good Project Management practices can be applied across the organization takes more than just training. When you need support to improve project execution at any level of the organization our team of experts are ready to step in and help.
- When you are low on resources, we can lead and manage your projects for you. We can partner with an internal project leader to ensure standard methodology and practices are applied during the project life cycle. We also take the lead for you and work with your subject matter experts to deliver results.
- If your projects are off track, our team can help get a project back on track through our Fast Foward approach.
- When you need to apply advanced techniques such as Earned Value Management or Risk Management, our experts can work with your teams to implement cutting-edge methdology.
- If you have new project leaders, that need support we can provide coaching assistance.
- If you need to set up a PMO, our team can provide guidance and support to ensure it is a success.
The Project Management System
Everything that is new or improved is delivered through a project and everything that is new or improved must be driven by the strategic plan.
"Delivering the wrong projects or poorly executed projects are two of the
main causes of failed strategic planned execution." Paula Martin, Founder Martin Training Associates
Organizations must ensure the entire project system is designed to and operating towards strategic results. This requires improving project management at the organizational, leader and team member level.
To accomplish this the following are needed:
- An effective and efficient project selection process, that is utilized across the entire organization.
- A standard resource management system ,
- A prioritized and funded project portfolio that is followed across the entire organization,
- A standard Collaborative Project Management method for the entire organization
- Capable and committed Sponsors for every project
- Leaders that can lead without authority