Getting Started in Project Management
by Paula K. Martin and Karen Tate
Whether working on an international project for a Fortune 500 company or organizing a business meeting, project management is essential to ensure timely and efficient completion of any project. This book provides a solid foundation for anyone looking to learn or enhance project management skills.
This easy-to-follow and highly accessible guide introduces the four phases of project management project initiation, planning, execution, and closeout and what it takes to successfully complete each phase. In addition to outlining the project management process, this book teaches you how to utilize the tools that drive it. From developing an issue list to creating an effective project team, Getting Started in Project Management provides proven methods for executing any project that comes your way.
- The keys to project success
- Different approaches to the project management process: directive vs. collaborative
- How to manage the project team
- How to conduct a kick-off meeting
- How to clearly define the scope of a project
- How to assess risk and avoid pitfalls by early identification
- Scheduling and budgeting techniques to keep your project on time and on the money
- Techniques for monitoring project progress
- How to close out a project
Paula Martin is the CEO of Martin Training Associates, and is the author of seven books including the Project Management Memory Jogger and the Executive Guide: The 7 Keys to Project Success.
PRICE EACH: $19.95
Purchase this book
Project Management Books
- Project Management
- The Seven Keys
to Project Success
- Getting Started in
- Leading Project
into the 21st Century
- The Professional Guide to